'Creating a Haven in which Children Flourish'
We believe that every child should love learning and have high standards and expectations of themselves.
Mount Street Academy is a nurturing, safe and haven-like school, firmly rooted in strong moral values; our community takes pride in helping every individual to thrive. Our vision is 'Creating a Haven in which Children Flourish'. We aim to ensure that our children develop academically, emotionally, socially, physically, spiritually, artistically and culturally.
High aspirations and expectations are intrinsically woven into our curriculum through our school Values which underpin our school rules and support the children’s development of confidence, responsibility, resilience and empathy.
The DREAM Team
|Determination||We never give up|
|Responsibility||We are honest|
|Empathy||We are kind|
|Aspiration||We aim high|
|Make a Difference||We look after our world|
- To create a safe, calm, supportive and nurturing learning environment.
- To provide a setting in which children and families know themselves to be valued.
- To embrace the “whole child” and build upon their personal experience, enabling pupils to develop emotionally, socially, physically, spiritually, culturally and artistically and academically.
- To deliver a rigorous, knowledge focused and enriching curriculum which supports our pupils to become successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens.
- To provide carefully chosen experiences for every child to participate in which enrich the curriculum learning beyond the classroom.
- To create a successful learning partnership between school, home and the wider community
- To encourage a thirst for learning and to model life-long learning.
- To know, develop and celebrate every individual’s talents.
- To build confidence, self-esteem and resilience in our children, developing these skills to understand that making mistakes is an important part of the learning process and will ultimately make them cleverer.
- To support our pupils to overcome barriers, realise ambition and aspire to achieve in school and beyond.
- To encourage pupils to develop independence, respect each other’s rights and show compassion to all.
- To teach our pupils to respect themselves, others and the diversity of our immediate community and the wider world.
- To encourage our children to appreciate how incredible our world is and to wonder in awe at its beauty.
- To know that our world is fragile - it is everyone’s responsibility and we all have a part to play in caring for it so that it can be sustainable for the future.