'Creating a Haven in which Children Flourish'
Mount Street Academy is a nurturing, safe and haven-like school, firmly rooted in strong moral values; our community takes pride in helping every individual to thrive. Our vision is 'Creating a Haven in which Children Flourish'.
Our exciting creative curriculum and our talented workforce engage all learners in reaching the highest standards and we hope that it equips them with a love of learning that will last them for life. High aspirations and expectations are at the heart of school life and support the children’s development of confidence, self esteem and respect.
Our Team Values
Focus: We are focused on creating a haven in which children flourish in every aspect of their development. We believe that we are here to transform lives by delivering an excellent education for every child. We are relentless in our pursuit of success and so we won’t settle for anything less than excellence in every classroom and in every lesson. We hold each other to account for the quality and impact of our work.
Learning: We believe in deep collaboration within and between classrooms, and schools. We learn from others, and regularly share what we have learnt. We use this to innovate, take risks, improve, and develop. We use research and evidence to inform our practice. We embrace curiosity and love learning new things!
Oneness: We work as together as a team. The strength of our professional relationships with each other, and with our pupils, is the heartbeat of our community. We each take personal responsibility for achieving our objectives and creating a culture of learning. We champion our schools and our pupils, and celebrate each other’s successes. We show gratitude to those around us, recognising that is the team that succeeds.
Understanding: We understand and value diversity and difference. We treat each other with respect and dignity. We recognize and value each other’s strengths and unique contribution. We listen to each other, and the families and pupils we work with, seeking to understanding fully how we can support and help.
Resourceful: We find quick and clever ways to overcome difficulties and barriers to learning. We value and look after the resources that we have, and make the most of every opportunity.
Integrity: We act with integrity. We do what we say we will do. We do what is right, not merely what is expected. We act with openness, honesty, humility and trust. We ask for help, admit to our mistakes and put things right.
Support: We recognize our role in supporting families and pupils and each other. We create a safe, welcoming and supportive environment where asking for help is not a sign of weakness or failure. We encourage and support each other to be the best that we can be.
Hope: We believe that as educators we are here to bring hope and nurture aspirations, so that our pupils know that there is no ceiling on what they can achieve. We believe that everything is possible due to our relentless optimism, ambition, energy and passion. We have high expectations so that every member of our school community reaches their full potential and leads a fulfilling life that makes a difference to others.
- To create a safe, calm, stimulating and nurturing learning environment.
- To create an environment in which children and families know themselves to be valued.
- To deliver an inspiring and engaging creative curriculum which supports our pupils to become successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens.
- To give constant opportunities for every child to experience active and creative learning through our curriculum.
- To create a successful learning partnership between school, home and the wider community
- To encourage a thirst for learning and to model life-long learning.
- To develop and build on every person’s talents.
- To promote confidence, self-esteem and resilience, giving children the courage to face any failure as part of the learning process
- To support our pupils to overcome barriers, realize ambition and aspire to achieve in school and beyond
- To provide opportunities for all children to flourish.
- To embrace the “whole child” and build upon their personal experience, enabling pupils to develop emotionally, socially, physically, spiritually as well as intellectually.
- To encourage pupils to develop independence, achieve their potential, respect each other’s rights and show compassion to all.
- To teach our pupils to respect themselves, others and the environment and the diversity of our immediate community and the wider world.