Mount Street Academy is part of the CfBT Schools Trust, a multi-academy trust.
To find out more about CfBT Schools Trust, and our trustees please click here. Specifically, information about our board of trustees and the Scheme of Delegation can be found here. The trust articles and funding agreement can be found here, along with our annual accounts.
At local level, it has a joint governing board with Lincoln Carlton Academy, Benjamin Adlard Primary School, Gainsborough and the Kyra Teaching School Alliance.
The Local Governing Board is known as the Lincolnshire Strategic Board (LSB) and was established in September 2016. The terms of reference for the board can be found here.
All Governors are appointed by the CfBT Schools Trust and serve for a four-year period of office, except for the Executive Headteacher who serves ex officio. The Lincolnshire Strategic Board is accountable to the Trust for strategy, monitoring, oversight and challenge within the school. To assist in its work, the LSB has the following committees:
- An Educational Committee for each school, to consider standards, pupil performance, quality of teaching, attendance, etc.
- An Operational Committee to consider finance, buildings, staffing, etc.
- A Remuneration and Admissions Committee to consider pay and performance matters, admissions, exclusions, complaints etc.
- A Steering Committee for the Kyra Teaching School Alliance to consider strategy, business planning, finance monitoring and performance.
The Chairman of the LSB is Mr Tim Dawson and the Clerk is Ms Pam Marshall. Both can be contacted via the school office at any of our schools or by email to email@example.com. The members of the Lincolnshire Strategic Board are listed below, together with any special posts they hold. To view the register of Governors’ Interests please click here, and to view attendance at meetings in 2016-17 please click here.
- Mrs Helen Barker (Head of Kyra Teaching School).
- Mrs Marie-Claire Bretherton (Executive Headteacher / Regional Director).
- Mrs Debbie Commons - Vice Chair of the Lincolnshire Strategic Board; Governor with special responsibility for Special Educational Needs and Disability.
- Mr Samuel Coy (Headteacher at Benjamin Adlard Primary School).
- Mr Timothy Dawson – Chairman of the Lincolnshire Strategic Board.
- Mrs Rebecca Homer – Governor with special responsibility for Safeguarding.
- Mrs Amanda Konrath – Governor with special responsibility for Pupil Premium.
- Mrs Rebecca Malam (Headteacher at Lincoln Carlton Academy).
- Mrs Lauren Nicoll (Head of School at Mount Street Academy).
- Mrs Helen Reek – Governor with special responsibility for Health & Safety & Risk.
- Mrs Kate Rouse
- Mrs Carla Wray (School Business Manager)
- THREE VACANT POSITIONS.
Each of the three Educational Committees has two co-opted, non-voting members with relevant expertise. These are Mrs D Glover and Mrs D McKay (Benjamin Adlard), Mrs A Melhuish and Mrs J Healy (Lincoln Carlton) and Mrs R Horn and Miss Miss L Butler (Mount Street).
- Graeme Clark - stepping down September 2017 (Served from September 2013 - August 2017)
- Brian Smith – Stepped down January 2017 (Served from September 2016 – January 2017)
- Stacey Waller – Stepped down January 2017 (Served from September 2014 – January 2017)
- Timothy Culpin – Chairman of the Lincolnshire Strategic Board. Interest declared: Also Chairman of Governors, Ellison Boulters Academy, Education Director for Reach2; (Served from September 2016 – July 2017)